<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://doctorswives.org

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Lives of Doctor Wives: Welcome to our new friend - Sybil

Monday, May 10, 2010

Welcome to our new friend - Sybil

Hello!

I am glad I found your blog! My husband is a neonatology fellow (think tiny preemie babies) and we just moved to Gainesville, FL for him to begin the fellowship at UF/Shand's Hospital (so that would make him a PGY4 - Neonatology). I would love to be included on your contributors list (our blog is http://sybilandalex.blogspot.com/).

Does anyone on here lives in the Gainesville area? I would really like to meet some people here. I am currently looking for a job but as you know, moving to a new city is tough. We have been married almost 8 years and lived in 3 states (Memphis, TN - med school; St Louis, MO - residency; and now Gainesville, FL - fellowship). We moved the last week in March and it has been a very lonely past few weeks in a city where I know no one. People have no idea the sacrifices that physicians' wives make!

Sybil

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger davita said...

Welcome! We were in Saint Louis for medical school. Moving is hard. I was depressed for about a year both times that we moved [medical school and residency]. I hope that you will be able to meet some people.

May 10, 2010 at 11:48 PM  
Blogger Melisa said...

It is soooo hard starting over and meeting new people. Moving can be rough. Hang in there! Cyber support can be great while your finding your IRL support. :o)

May 10, 2010 at 11:49 PM  
Blogger Sybil said...

Thanks! You would think that this would be easier the more times you do it...but that is simply not true. This is a great website! It makes me feel better just reading some of the posts and knowing that there are lots of other wives out there going through the same struggles.

May 11, 2010 at 12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sybil! I totally agree, it does not get easier with each move. We've lived in 4 states in 8 years, all cross-country from each other, I think each move was harder than the last. Good luck, you will feel much more at home in about 10-12 months... but then you already knew that. :)

May 11, 2010 at 2:56 PM  
Blogger Beth Hollenbeck said...

Hi Sybil! Welcome! DrH is from St. Louis and is now PGY2 (almost 3!) in ortho surg in Greenville, SC. We miss the midwest! One of the exiting residents here will be doing his fellowship in Gainesville. They are a lovely family. I will ask her if it is okay to pass her contact information onto to you, then will do so via this comments page. Enjoy the sunshine in FL and this wonderful blog!

May 11, 2010 at 3:13 PM  
Blogger Sybil said...

Beth - That would be wonderful!

May 11, 2010 at 5:26 PM  
Blogger botanybabe said...

yes, it is a tough thing. we moved back "home" for residency and it has still been one of the most difficult transitions (for me). hang in there! yes online support is great!

May 12, 2010 at 7:05 PM  
Blogger TheFamousStacie said...

Hi Sybil!
We aren't too far away in Jacksonville with Mayo Clinic. One of my best friends is in Gainesville, her hubby doing Anesthesia Residency and she has also found it to be very lonely...
If you would like to send me an email at stacie@homemart.us I'll try to connect you with my friend and we'd love to have you come up here and hang with us in Jacksonville if your up for it!
Stacie

May 13, 2010 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger Tif Sweeney said...

Welcome Sybil! Just curious . . . where did your hubby do his residency in St. Louis? As I browsed some of the comments, it appears that there is many connections to the city!! :)

May 13, 2010 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger Sybil said...

He was at St Louis University Hospital and Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. I worked for Charter (cable company) in St Louis in their corporate headquarters. We lived on "the hill" and really enjoyed St Louis!

May 13, 2010 at 3:06 PM  
Blogger Tif Sweeney said...

Very cool!! We've got some things in common!! :)

May 14, 2010 at 12:02 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Hi Sybil! My hubby and I are in in Jacksonville and we are originally from Memphis! My husband went to UTMem for med school as well! Good luck getting adjusted. Please feel free to e-mail anytime lindsey.weirich@gmail.com

May 16, 2010 at 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home