<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://doctorswives.org

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Lives of Doctor Wives: On the interview trail

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

On the interview trail

I just thought I would see how things are going for fellow spouses of MSIVs. We are less than three months away from submitting rank lists, and three and a half months from MATCH DAY!

Things are going pretty well for us. We have been relatively lucky as neurosurgery is on somewhat of an earlier schedule since they were early match two years ago. This means we had most of our interview offers in November and have pretty much heard from most programs by now (and as far as those that we haven't heard from we may never hear from them.)
My husband seems to be enjoying the interviews and getting to know his future collegues. He seems to be running into a lot of the same people on the trail (I think this is because neurosurgery is a relatively small field). I have been able to go on a few interviews and have enjoyed them as well. The only negative is that things are really starting to add up - it is expensive! But I suppose no matter how much this adds up to it is still better than the price of not matching because we didn't take enough interviews.

When people said that fourth year would fly - they weren't kidding! I cannot believe it is December already - where has the time gone?

How are things going for everyone else?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Aly said...

Well my husband is seemingly minimally stressed, but all of the uncertainty has been giving me some anxiety. I have been with him since Step 1 of this process (MCAT's, I'm looking at you) and so far this has been the most nerve-wracking part for me. I HATE moving, and while the positive for us is that we are in NYC and all of his interviews have been within the Tri-State area (so that saves us the expense of traveling for interviews) and we won't have to move TOO far, the uncertainty is just killing me! I am trying to keep my stress to myself for the most part since I don't want the poor guy to feel additional pressure during this process but for me, March CANNOT come soon enough!

December 3, 2009 at 11:03 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Don't count out those last minute interviews. My husband matched to the program he interviewed with on Valentines Day!

December 3, 2009 at 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi! i'm new here.. .just got off the phone with my husband. in the past two months i've only seen him for a handful of days.. he did two away rotations in a row across teh country so we'd have a better shot of matching out there... and then he's just been on the road for interviews ever since. we are unhappy in our current location so trying to get far away... so hard though without him but the process is so interesting. oh and yes, we are going broke from all of it too!

December 8, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home