<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://doctorswives.org

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Lives of Doctor Wives: Hi everyone from med student spouse!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hi everyone from med student spouse!

My name is Megan, and my husband of a year and a half, R, is an MS3 here in the Bronx. As an NYU alumna from Indiana, I never thought I'd be living in an outer borough, but I must say we have a great view, our rent is cheap and our studio apartment (by Manhattan standards)
is huge (about 400 sq ft, haha). We're both 25 and from Indiana but didn't meet until the spring before R moved out here for med school.

While I was pulling for ENT or Ophtho, R has decided to go into orthopedic surgery. From what I've heard, I guess that means it's a good thing I like to have my own life, interests, activities and friends separate from my husband because I'm going to have a lot of time to occupy while he's working. :)
He seems like he's in a comfortable position in terms of matching, but I guess we'll see. He applied to away clerkships at Northwestern and IU. Hopefully that works out for him/us.

As for me, I studied entertainment business in college, and while I did produce an Off-Broadway play the summer I got married (<1 month prior, actually), I no longer see myself in an entertainment career...Mostly because I want to move back to the midwest where there are virtually no theatre jobs. So, I'm now at FIT getting my AAS in Fashion Merchandising. I could get into an executive training position at Macy's with my bachelor's, but before I started at FIT, I really didn't know enough about fashion to feel confident doing so. It's pretty stressful on top of work and such, but I'm learning a lot and making some good contacts.

Well, off to church! Great to *meet* all of you.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Melisa said...

Sometimes I think it is a good thing that the spouses don't get to pick what their hubby goes into. haha!

I'm so glad you joined us on here!

March 22, 2009 at 2:36 PM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

Great to have you join us! Theatre and fashion, what exciting and creative careers!

March 22, 2009 at 11:26 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Glad to see you on here, Megan!

March 23, 2009 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger SeekerofGrace said...

Welcome, Megan! Can't wait to get to know you more!

March 23, 2009 at 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home