<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://doctorswives.org

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Lives of Doctor Wives: Checking in!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Checking in!

I'm Desiree, and my husband is an MS-I. Yes, we are the baby med student family among everyone - though definitely not the youngest (he's almost 34, I'm 30). I'm a lifelong Oklahoman, though new to the Tulsa area, and Minsu and I met when he came to study in Oklahoma 7 years ago from Seoul, South Korea. We've been married almost 5 years.

Until last August I was the "sugar mama" and worked as an ESL school director in central Oklahoma while Minsu earned a second degree and prepared for med school. A year ago we had our first child, Alexander, who is 11 1/2 months old and into everything. Right before he was born we decided that I would give up my career to become a work-at-home mom and move to Tulsa together as a family. I currently have three part time jobs from home but still manage to take pretty good care of "my boys".

This has been a big transition for me and I definitely couldn't have done it without support from my husband and family, and of course, my SAA friends - these girls are fantastic! I was recently inspired by their blogs to start my own, and I am thrilled with the idea of this new blog where we can "meet" and support each other through our journeys.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Alexandra said...

So glad to have you here girly -girl!

March 17, 2009 at 10:08 PM  
Blogger Melisa said...

Hey sugar mama! ;o)

March 17, 2009 at 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home