<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://doctorswives.org

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Lives of Doctor Wives: "St. Matchrick's Day" 2011

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"St. Matchrick's Day" 2011

Hi! I'm wondering what all you 4th year wives are doing/wearing for "St. Matchrick's Day" tomorrow! Some of my wifey friends have found St. Patty's Day shirts and manipulated them a little bit. For instance, my shirt says "Kiss Me" on the front and I am covering up the back that says "I'm Irish" with a large clover button that will say "We Matched!" We're also decorating our table with "St. Matchrick's Day" decorations.
I've collected some shirts, hats, scarves, etc. that represent the top 5 programs we are trying to match to for my hubby to put on after reading his envelope aloud.
SO! What are you all doing for tomorrow? I want to hear how other programs run their match day events and what creativity will be flowing...
Good luck tomorrow everyone!

4 Comments:

Blogger Amanda E. said...

Those ideas are so cute :-D We will be lucky just to get to the ceremony in one piece (up until last week IU was not going to allow anyone except medical students to attend due to a small venue...dumb). Hopefully our son, Cole (20 months), can behave for the hour long ceremony...although I hear it is pretty casual and most people talk through it (a BIG plus with a toddler). Hopefully I'll remember to wear green tomorrow and dress him in green as well, haha.

March 16, 2011 at 8:15 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Last year ours had a continental breakfast, speaker (so painful to make us wait!) and then passed out the envelopes as fast and orderly as possible. Then we all retreated to our families and opened them quickly. Whoever wanted to could hang out and announce where they want into the microphone for all to hear and pin their name on a big map. We opted to leave and go tell our kids and parents where we were moving!

I heard about one program that made all the 4th years sit in a circle and open them one by one. I think that's awful. I had some friends that were not happy with where they matched and sneaked out in tears. Sitting in a circle for everyone to see their disappointed faces would have been so painful for everyone.

March 16, 2011 at 11:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow!! Does this take me back!! And thankfully ours was a great memory - we were still of the days when Neurosurgery matched in February so we did not have to wait. If anyone out there matched to Neurosurgery or the Phoenix area, please get in touch with me, would love to offer a supporting hand! May the luck of the Irish be with you all today!!!

March 17, 2011 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger Sybil said...

Five years ago my husband matched to a med/peds residency - his 4th choice. I had my heart set on choices 1 or 2 and I REALLY didn't want to move to choice #4. My husband was just happy he matched but I was heartbroken I had to leave everything and start all over...again. For those wives who are not overjoyed with the match decision, just remember...it is only 3 or 4 years! And then you get to do it all over again if your husband does a fellowship - and by that time you will know not to get your hopes set on any one place :) Hang in there!

March 17, 2011 at 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home