<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://doctorswives.org

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Lives of Doctor Wives: December 2010 Recap/January 2011 Check in!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

December 2010 Recap/January 2011 Check in!

Happy 2011 - hard to believe 2010 has already come and gone!

I just thought I'd check in and see how everyone's December was?
We had a very busy December, DH was on his third consecutive month of neurological surgery, and it was long hours as expected. He was kind enough to ask me on December 23rd, what I wanted for Christmas. I know this sounds thoughtless, but the poor guy honestly didn't have any free time prior to then. Being the big romantic that I am, I asked for a garage door keypad (because I keep locking myself out of our house!)
We were very fortunate that DH's program breaks up Christmas, and New Years, so that half the residents work for 4 days for one holiday and the other half work the other four days. This means that each resident gets 4 days off at some point in December/early January. DH was lucky and got 4 days off for Christmas which allowed us to travel and see some family.

This month also starts a new calendar year. What will 2011 bring for all of you? For us I am looking forward to a fairly uneventful year (2010 had more than enough going on)! It will be nice to know that we aren't moving again, and that our jobs will stay the same.

So what's this month look like for all of you and your families?
This month DH is on inpatient neurology, which will mean much shorter days, and much more free time (he has been on neurosurgery the past three months). I'm hoping he'll be able to get a lot of studying done, and some projects done around the house.

Happy New Year!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This year brings my husband's graduation from med school, moving to the east coast, leaving my job in order to move to the east coast and starting a new one (hopefully!), buying a house, my dad getting re-married, my brother getting married, and who knows what else!

January 4, 2011 at 6:32 PM  
Blogger Amanda E. said...

We have a TON of stuff going on in 2011! We match (hopefully) in March, sell our house/buy new house/move in April, DH graduates from med school in May, DH starts his residency July 1st, our son Cole turns 2 on July 16th, and although we aren't "officially" telling until Friday, we will be having our second baby on or around July 22nd. AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!! We must be crazy.

January 4, 2011 at 9:53 PM  
Blogger TheFamousStacie said...

Hmmm hoping for a quiet January. One with minimal surprise costs so I can get caught up from the last few months.
No moves planned this year. Smooth sailing would be nice, too much to ask for I'm sure...

January 5, 2011 at 2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2011 is going to be crazy! My husband started getting interview invitations for fellowship last month, and his first interview is on the 28th!

I'm so excited that by June, we should know what's going to happen for the next stage of our lives. (Depending on whether he matches of course - fingers crossed!)

January 6, 2011 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Melisa said...

December was a blur of moonlighting - THANK HEAVENS! Holiday pay, baby! It is sooo nice to finally be in the senior resident position. We didn't get to travel, but we did have a lovely time together.

This year we will be making fellowship plans. *shudder*

January 7, 2011 at 5:57 PM  
Blogger Melisa said...

PS Congrats Amanda!

January 7, 2011 at 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home